Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What are you thankful for?


This is quite possibly the most precious thing I've seen this week (and this is coming from a woman with a lot of "precious"). It got me to thinking of how blessed I am to get to witness these moments every day. Here are some of my other blessings (in no particular order):

my wonderful husband, our kids and our family (all of them-near and far)
our home
food on our table
my Savior and friend, Jesus
our church
good friends
blueberry jello salad-my new favorite!
hot coffee in the morning
a fire in the fire place at night or on a cold day
that both sets of my grandparents are alive and our kids know them
Godly parents who are examples of love, patience and kindness
good health
carpool
that I get to stay home with our kids
freedom, and a husband who fights for it

What or who are you thankful for?


1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh I want to comment on every single one of your pictures! I love seeing pictures of Faith Lutheran! It's like seeing pictures of 'home'! I love that your son wears crocks...because Eli loves them and DJ HATES that Eli loves them! HA!

Way to go Gabe on the board breaking! That is so awesome! We have talked about something similar for Eli when he gets a bit older...he's still 3 1/2...so would you recommend a little kung-fu?

Love the game night pictures! Glad you explained the game...I was wondering from FB what you were all playing!

I totally get what you mean about the "baby" betting away with everything! Even with 2, Eli gets away with WAAAAAAAAY more because he can just look at me and, I swear, I'd give him the car keys if he asked me. Really. Melts my heart!

Friend, I'm so thankful for our conversation on FB the other night. How great to have a kindred spirit...all because of the Lord. It's nice to have that common bond, isn't it? Oh I just love it! I'm so glad you are able to stay at home with the kids and I'm so thankful that Chris protects our freedoms. What a blessing your family must be to so many!

Love you blog and pictures!